KUBAM AIMS AT CONDUCTING WORLD-CLASS BASIC AND APPLICATION-ORIENTED RESEARCH WITH THE FOLLOWING MISSIONS:
- Undertaking cutting-edge research to lead the domestic and international institutions as well as industrial sectors.
- Improving the wide acknowledgment of the center locally and internationally through advanced research achievements and activities.
- Encouraging and supporting collaborative and/or interdisciplinary research by developing state-of-the-art facilities and research associates to meet diverse research fields.
- Appropriate management of the financial support and expanding the resources of the center to contribute to its members’ excellence and benefit the wider university community.
- Providing hands-on training in research, especially for graduate and undergraduate students to gain practical experience for the sake of future career.
- Participating in the university’s research plans and creating harmony between research and learning.
- Emphasizing and accelerating the research networking through making interactions and collaborations between KU members and national and international universities.
- Arranging different scientific occasions such as conferences, workshops, symposia, and schools by gathering nationally and internationally recognized faculties.
- Creating long-term collaborations with other universities, industry, as well as governmental organizations; establishing a very welcoming environment at the center to bridge between both leading research universities and industry to exchange ideas by organizing/planning occasional visits to the center.
- Ensuring the long-term sustainable financial infrastructure by applying to national/international calls and grants and making contracts with companies on industrial projects that provide services and inputs to them.
- Conveying and sharing the knowledge and science at the center with the society to create new opportunities for the whole community.
- Establishing a pioneering outreach program to develop an interest in boron and advanced materials research for the whole community.
KUBAM’s research objectives on boron and advanced materials can be stated as follows:
- Designing novel high-tech boron-based materials for advanced application fields in energy, metallurgy, biomaterials, automotive, space, etc.
- Conducting groundbreaking interdisciplinary research in a broad spectrum of state-of-the-art materials (e.g., thermoelectrics, batteries, catalysts, hydrogen storage materials, superconductors, laser crystals, materials with unusual properties) by combining fundamental and applied concepts of chemistry, physics, materials science, and engineering.
- Patenting materials with high potential of industrial applications and initiating pilot-scale production of these materials in collaboration with industry partners.
- Publication of research articles that lead to high-impact outcomes in the fields of boron-related and other advanced materials.